KCC was constructed to be a site of hope, sustainability and empowerment, a source of stimulus to nourish the soil of Burundi. We partnered with Scripture Union to launch the King’s Conference Centre in 2009. It’s a sustainable success story and a hit with locals and international guests alike. Not only do several dozen staff receive a good salary to provide for their families, but profits are ploughed back into Kingdom projects like pastor-training, youth camps and Bible distribution, etc. Beautiful!
KCC clients are the business community, government organisations, mission groups, tourists and others who need to use KCC for conferences and meetings. Scripture Union Burundi owns KCC and all profits go towards its valuable work throughout Burundi. KCC provides a whole mosaic of benefits to Burundi:
- Creating jobs in tough times With unemployment running at around 70%, this is incredibly valuable. In turn, each of those families is a light in their own communities where they live, so there is a snowball effect. For example, each staff member has chosen to give 10% of their income to support others who were jobless.
- Training up future leaders
- Modelling business integrity – each of our staff members carries and uses a ‘no bribe’ card
- Sowing into gospel outreach nationwide – all profits go towards the amazing work of Scripture Union Burundi
- Uniting the church in prayer – providing a rare neutral meeting place for believers is vital to building unity. A special room for 24/7 prayer is planned for the top floor of the new extension, with views right across the country.
- Providing a vital income for families
- A bold witness to Burundi and visitors from all over the world
Through the testing years – including this year when hotel and conference bookings have been affected by the COVID crisis – we carried on building Phase 2 one brick at a time… It’s a huge, beautiful project and we believe it has strategic significance in the nation – bringing together ministries and influential people from across all social, political and ethnic groups under the Lordship of the King! Our mantra is excellence in Jesus’ name, and it’s called King’s Conference Centre because it belongs to the King of Kings.
Please keep praying and journeying with us. There are 30 more hotel rooms and three more floors to equip. With your help, we’ll get there! Thank you for your support!